Himmelis have been creeping up everywhere recently for wedding decor. Originally a Finnish Christmas decoration, the Himmeli is a geometrical mobile that could be made of anything from plastic straws, to wood. The design could be as simple as a triangle, or a more intricate shape. I’ve compiled some photos for inspiration, and also some easy instructions on how to create your own.
As you can see, there are several different types of Hemmalis and uses for them as decor. You can make your own, either for a Christmas ornament or gift, or your own wedding. They are not difficult to make, once you have all of the supplies in place.
List of Supplies Needed:
- Craft Wire (buy it right HERE)
- If you do not use Craft Wire, you can try Embroidery Floss (also can be used to hang)
- If using Floss instead of wire, you’ll probably need one of these too
- Many DIYs are recommending a pipe cutter, but I think that Wire Cutters will suffice (buy it right HERE)
- Metal Tubing (buy it right HERE)
- Fine Metal File (buy it right HERE)
- Needle-nosed Pliers (buy it right HERE)
Here is a step-by-step article to make a diamond-shaped ornament: At Instructables.com
Here’s another tutorial on: Theguardian.com
I found a great Youtube tutorial HERE