Want to hand-make a bridesmaid’s gift from the heart? Just want to make a craft for yourself? Need a Mother’s Day gift idea? Follow the instructions below for an easy DIY earring and necklace set.
Today, The Wedding Cat is teaming up with Toni, from Woerner Crafts at Amazon Handmade to bring you an easy DIY earring and necklace set. You may choose to do this project with rose pearl and rose gold elements (as pictured), or you can do regular white pearls with gold or silver elements. Personally I think the rose pearls look very chic.
- 6mm pearls (rose,antique, or white). Shop rose pearls here.
- Rose Gold eye pins. Shop rose gold eye pins here.
- Earring hooks. Shop rose gold earring hooks here.
- Jump rings. Shop rose gold jump rings here.
- Chain. Shop rose gold chain here.
- Wire cutters. Shop wire cutters here.
- Round nose plier. Shop round nose pliers here.
- Needle nose plier. Shop needle nose pliers here.
Affiliate links are above. Please help support this blog by purchasing through these links.
To make the earrings:
- Get 3 of the eye pins. 2 of the 3 will need to be cut down, and 1 remains its original length. Measure 1/4 inch, and mark. Take the 3rd pin and measure out 1/2 in, and mark.
- Cut at each mark, so that the lengths vary.
- String a pearl onto each pin.
- Using the round-nose pliers, create a loop at the open end of the pin. The pliers should be your guide for the size of the loop. Finish all pins by closing the loop.
- Grab one of the jump rings. Using the needle nose pliers and the round nose pliers, open the jump ring by moving the two ends away from each other without disturbing the ring. This is the proper way to open and close a jump ring. See photo.
- String your 3 pearl pins onto the jump ring, keeping them in order from longest to shortest.
- Add the earring hook to the jump ring, then close then close up the jump ring in the same manner that you opened it- use the pliers to pull the ends back into place, closing the ring.
- Repeat steps for the second earring, and for the necklace pendants.
To make the necklace:
You’ve already got your 3 pearl pins ready, and on a jump ring…
- Measure and cut your necklace, making sure that the pendant will fall at your desired length when added. Connect the jump ring to the 2 ends of the chain, and then close it up.
- If your necklace needs a closure, use a jump ring to connect a lobster claw or any other type of closure. If desired, you may add an additional pearl to the end of the chain as shown below:
Voila! That is pretty simple. If you love this design and would rather not make it yourself, check out Woerner Craft’s online store at Amazon Handmade to purchase it.
Another version of this set, made with white pearls, and a little extra bling….