Last week, some of fashion’s top designers showed their Spring/Summer collections at New York Fashion Week, and here’s a roundup of the bridal chic moments that will no doubt affect the next crop of wedding gowns…
There’s an obvious connection between wedding season, and Spring/Summer, so it is no surprise that top fashion designers and influencers embrace bridal style for their Spring/Summer collections. Spring embodies rebirth, a new beginning, and flowers – so do weddings! Let’s celebrate this connection and take a look at moments where bridal style shined on the runway.
- “Florals for spring? Groundbreaking…” But seriously, Marchesa, I’m totally on board with your love letter to flowers in this collection, including this sweet-as-pie gown.
2. The sexy bride. Dennis Basso never disappoints. This lacy little number is chic and yet totally bridal at the same time.
3. Pretty flowy. Badgley Mischka has a toe firmly planted in the wedding industry anyway, with their Sottero Midgley Bridal Collection, so this wedding gown isn’t much of a stretch for them.
4. Short, casual wedding dresses are fun. This fun, spunky little Carolina Herrera dress would be perfect for the more casual wedding – but it is far from boring!
5. Tea length with sparkle. I love this Oscar de la Renta bridal gown – as it is classic Oscar, with a casual-but-not-casual twist.
6. Eclectically cool. While this dress by Jonathan Simkhai is effortlessly cool (and extremely beautiful), it would fit best with a whimsical/ eclectic wedding.
7. Bridal Slayage. I bow down to you, white-on-white leopard print bridal gown… for you are queen. I love you Brandon Maxwell! And, judging by how many celebrities also seem to love you, I’m not alone.
8. The coolest bridal mullet. Even bridalwear can be business in the front and party in the back, like this awesome Sachin & Babi look.
We are sure to see some of these trends at New York Bridal Fashion Week, and the next season of bridal gowns. Which look is your favorite?